WCMS Online Editor Training
This online training is designed for people who maintain and update current sites in the Campus WCMS. This training is highly recommended for all new users of the Campus WCMS.
Those who are migrating an entire site into the Campus WCMS would be better suited to attend a WCMS Training class.
**NOTICE** You first need to have your web site manager add you as a WCMS user. Once that's done, please submit THIS IT Request ticket for log in access to the "WCMS Classroom" site in the WCMS. Exercises cannot be completed without this.
To become sufficiently trained as a content editor, please review the following pages and complete the exercises. You will need to have two browser windows open; one for this training page and the other to log in to the WCMS and do the exercises below.
Intro to the WCMS
- What is a WCMS (watch video at bottom of page)
- Logging In
- The WCMS Dashboard
- Accessibility (Best Practices)
Folders/Editing/Creating New Pages
- Menu Bar
- Asset Icons
- All About Index Pages
- Types of Files/Pages
- Folder and File Naming (watch video at bottom of page)
- Creating a New Folder
- Uploading a File (Images, PDFs, etc.) (watch video at bottom of page)
- Read about optimizing PDFs and Images
- Creating a Left Navigation Page or Page with No Left Navigation (watch video at bottom of page)
- Your Recycle Bin
- Editing Your Page
- Inserting a Hyperlink or an Anchor (watch the two videos on this page)
- Inserting a "Mailto" link
- Other Page Types
- About Images
- Image Sizes in the WCMS
- WCMS Image Editor
- Using an Online Image Editor
- Moving/Renaming a File or Folder
- Adding Links to the Left Nav (watch video on this page)
Please contact let us know when you are done with the online training so we can remove your access to the "WCMS Classroom" site.